1. Smoking is allowed outside units only. Smoking inside a unit will result in a $250 fee.
2. People other than registered guests may not stay overnight in the property.
3. Activities that are noxious, offensive or that may embarrass, discomfort, or annoy any other persons occupying neighboring units is prohibited.
4. Excessive noise is prohibited between 10:00 pm and 8:00 am.
5. There is no daily housekeeping service. Housekeeping is conducted at the conclusion of each stay.
6. In order to avoid excessive housekeeping charges, please keep the property and all furnishings in good order and wash all dishes prior to your departure.
7. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units. If you plan to use the pool, please bring your own beach towels.
8. Only use appliances for their intended purpose.
9. Fireplaces used in the cottage units are non-vented electric fireboxes. Please do not throw any paper or other combustible materials in the fireplace.
10. Please, DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clog the plumbing, you could be charged damages to restore service.
11. Pets are permitted only in pet friendly units with prior approval.
12. Pets are not permitted at the resort swimming pool.
13. Pets should be kept either on your boat or on a leash at all times. Owners are required to clean up after their pets.
14. Please return courtesy carts to designated areas.
15. Parking is limited to 1 vehicle per unit, unless otherwise stated. If necessary, Heritage Harbor Ottawa reserves the right to enforce parking passes during your stay.
16. Recreational vehicles, boats, trailers, and jet skis are not allowed to park at the rental property. Parking for additional and accessory vehicles is available in the Marina District in the large lot adjacent to the boat launch.
17. Golf carts, scooters, and any other similar motorized vehicles are not permitted. GEM cars (Global Electric Motorcars) are encouraged.
18. Any illegally parked cars are subject to towing; applicable fines/towing fees are the sole responsibility of the vehicle owner.
19. No swimming in the harbor.
20. No fishing from docks or harbor walk in the Marina.
21. Children under the age of 15 are not permitted to enter resort areas without proper supervision after 9:00 pm.
22. No roller-skating, roller-blading, skateboarding, bicycling or scooters on the docks or harbor walk.
23. Feeding of natural wildlife is not permitted anywhere within the Heritage Harbor Community.
24. Use and discharge of firecrackers and other fireworks is prohibited.
HERITAGE HARBOR OTTAWA LODGING POLICIES
Coordinate your stay with Heritage Harbor Ottawa and book with confidence!
Heritage Harbor Ottawa serves as the lodging representative for individually owned properties within the Heritage Harbor Ottawa Resort. The rental cottages currently offered at Heritage Harbor are privately owned units and reflect the personality and unique tastes of their owners.
Owners within the resort who offer their unit for rent are not required to do so with Heritage Harbor Ottawa as the rental agent. If you book your reservation directly through an owner, please note that the owner will personally be responsible for serving your needs during your stay, in lieu of the services offered by resort personnel. Heritage Harbor Ottawa cannot be held responsible for any portion of your stay.
Heritage Harbor Ottawa is not responsible for theft, acts of destruction, or gross negligence.
Heritage Harbor Ottawa reserves the right to refuse rental to anyone under the age of 25.
All rates are determined on a unit by unit basis and are set by the individual unit owners; Heritage Harbor Ottawa does not have the ability to reduce or modify the rates based on guest feedback. Rates and policies are subject to change without notice.
Rates are subject to 11% hotel tax, a $12.50 nightly Resort Fee and a $20.00 Amenity Fee. Resort and Amenity Fee covers the user of resort facilities, Swimming Pool, Bath and Shower House, Boat Ramp, Fire-Pit, Volleyball courts, Paddle Bikes, grills, etc.
Use of the Resort swimming pool is included in your room rate. Each cottage is allowed up to 4 passes per day. Additional passes can be purchased for $5.00 per person.
Use of the Resort boat launch is not included in your room rate but is available for $20.00 per day. Parking of trailers for water craft used at the resort is complimentary while in residence.
Boats are invited to dock overnight, when space is available, for a fee of $0.75 per linear foot.
Lost & Found
Heritage Harbor Ottawa and your unit owner cannot be responsible for items left behind. For privacy reasons, we will not contact you to report a found item. We will make every attempt to return lost items if we are contacted within 7 days of your departure. Postage will be charged to the credit card used for your stay along with a $10 handling fee.
The maximum occupancy is determined on a per unit basis and is stated in all accommodation descriptions. Any child above the age of 2 is considered an occupant and must be included in your occupancy count. Rollaway beds, inflatable mattresses and sleeping bags are prohibited when creating accommodations in excess of the permissible limit. If you are found to exceed the maximum occupancy of your accommodation, an additional fee will be charged.
Smoking is strictly prohibited in all accommodations. All evidence of outdoor smoking (cigarette butts, ash, cigars, and trash) must be removed from porches, balconies, courtyards and landscaping. Failure to follow our smoking policy will result in a $250 minimum charge for additional housekeeping and damages.
Pets are prohibited in units that are not designated as “pet friendly.” There are a limited number of accommodations that allow dogs only. Cats, caged birds and other small animals are forbidden in rental units. A pet deposit of $500.00 will be charged upon arrival. After checkout, $250.00 will be refunded after inspection by resort staff. If you have disclosed that you will be bringing your dog with you to the resort. At check-in, you will be required to sign a Pet Waiver and leave a credit card on file in the unlikely event that damage occurs as a result of your dog.
Non-disclosed dogs in pet-friendly units will result in a $200.00 fee. If there is evidence of a pet in a non-designated unit, you will be charged $250 minimum for housekeeping and damages. If the pet is discovered while you are in residence, you will be required to remove the pet from the premises.
Our housekeeping staff works diligently to prepare each home in preparation for your arrival. Daily housekeeping is not included in your rental rate but can be arranged for a fee.
Bed linens and towels are provided but we do ask that if you will be purchasing pool passes please bring pool/beach towels with you.
Additional fees will be charged if excessive cleaning is needed following your departure.
Unit rentals are subject to damage charges in the event linens are removed, furniture, fixtures or equipment is damaged, units are over occupied, evidence of indoor smoking is detected, or pet damage is discovered. A full damage waiver will be issued at check-in for your review and consent. Inspections are conducted by housekeeping following check-out. HHO reserves the right to charge your credit card for any damages incurred.
Parking at your rental unit is typically limited to one vehicle per unit unless otherwise stated in the accommodation description. If necessary, Heritage Harbor Ottawa reserves the right to enforce parking passes during your stay. Recreational vehicles, boats, trailers, and jet skis are not allowed to park at the rental property. Parking for additional and accessory vehicles is available in the Marina District in the large lot adjacent to the boat launch. Golf carts, scooters, and any other similar motorized vehicles are not permitted. GEM cars (Global Electric Motorcars) are encouraged.
Condition of the Unit
All of the rentals at Heritage Harbor are privately owned and reflect the personality and unique tastes of their owners. While we try to keep the description of each unit up to date and accurate, the owners reserve the right to change furnishings at any time.
Heritage Harbor Ottawa also works very hard with each owner to maintain the overall working condition of your rental unit. In the event something breaks during your stay, you are asked to contact resort personnel to request maintenance assistance. While we apologize for any inconvenience a mechanical failure or utility outage may cause, we will not be able to offer discounts or refunds.
Unavailability of Accommodation
In the unfortunate event your accommodation becomes unavailable (i.e. damages, sale of cottage, removal from rental program, or other reasons beyond our control) we will work with you to find a suitable substitute property. If a comparable property is not available, you will have the option of selecting from other available accommodations at the published rate. You may also choose to receive a full refund of your deposit in advance of check-in. We will make every attempt to notify you in advance if this situation arises and apologize for any inconvenience.
As you look forward to your getaway at the Heritage Harbor Marina Resort in beautiful Starved Rock Country, we would like to remind you that the resort is growing and there will likely be construction activity taking place. A construction schedule is generally enforced. Barring any emergencies or the need for any unforeseen extreme exceptions, construction is permitted from 7am to 6pm, Monday through Friday. There is generally no construction on Saturday or Sunday.
When requested, we will make every effort to state the amount of construction activity you should expect during your stay. However, we do not know exactly when new construction will start or how long to expect construction at any one location to last so it may be difficult to predict at times. If this is a concern to you, for the best results, please inquire not longer than one week in advance of your expected stay.
There will be no refunds or discounts given due to construction at the Resort. Instead, we encourage you to call in advance of your stay with any questions concerning construction and your accommodation.
Advance Deposits & Payments
Heritage Harbor Ottawa requires a 50% deposit when making your reservation. Deposits, and all subsequent payments required by your reservation must be paid by Visa, MasterCard, American Express or Discover. Unfortunately traveler’s checks, money orders, personal checks or cash cannot be accepted for payment of lodging fees. If you will be a late arrival, the balance due on your reservation will be charged to the credit card used for your reservation deposit before the close of business on your arrival date.
Cancellations & Changes
Should the need to cancel arise 7 to 30 days in advance of your planned arrival, your deposit will be fully refundable. If cancellation occurs 2 to 7 days of your arrival 50 % of your reservation is non-refundable. If a reservation is cancelled 48 hours in advance of arrival, the entire deposit or the value of one night’s stay (whichever is greater) will be non-refundable and non-transferable. If within 7 days of your arrival or at check-in you shorten the length of your reservation you will be charged 50% of the rate of the cancelled nights.
Upon check-in, once your payment is processed in full, no refunds will be given.
Arrival & Departure
Check-in: after 3:00pm central time
Check-out: before 11:00am central time
We will do everything possible to have your accommodation ready at 3pm but check-in delays may occur during peak rental times, we appreciate your patience. Sorry, we will not be able to offer discounts or refunds for check-in delays.
If you will be arriving after 6pm you must notify the office at least 6 hours in advance to make arrangements for a late check-in. Refunds or discounts cannot be given for late arrivals
We will make every effort to accommodate late check-out requests. Late check-outs that are not approved in advance will result an additional room night charge at the published nightly rental rate.
Heritage Harbor Ottawa is located inside the Marina Office and Ship Store at the Heritage Harbor Ottawa Resort. Our address is 1970 N. 2753rd Road, Ottawa, Illinois 61350. You can contact us by phone at 815-433-5000. We are open 7 days a week: Sunday – Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday/Saturday 9am to 6pm.