From the Harbor Master
Wow is it hot! Temps are to remain very warm through next week with almost no chance of rain during the daytime hours.
- The water continues to be low —- BE CAREFUL!
- The wing dam markers have shifted and are no longer on station. I have contacted the Coast Guard and hope they will be reset soon. If you are unfamiliar with the area simply avoid it and stay in the main channel.
- With this dry weather and as always please be careful of fire hazards -cigarettes, cigars, candles etc.
- The parking lot construction is underway and should be completed by Friday. It is twice the size and will help traffic flow greatly. The surface will temporarily be a coarse stone and may still be soft in places so please go slow. It will be finished off with a finer grade of stone if needed after it compacts.
- We are also in the process of setting up the new play equipment for the marina district. The framework is going up nicely and is beginning to take shape, so as soon as we ‘can play’ I will let you know 🙂
- The pool has been great this year -just remember NO GLASS containers in the pool area. Thanks.
- Ottawa Fireworks are on Wednesday Night at dusk.
- It will be an active weekend and week at the marina! Grab your coolers and sunscreen…Cool off at HHO!
Hope to see everyone out – let’s all have a safe holiday.