From the Harbor Master
Memorial Day weekend was fantastic at the Harbor and I hope everyone had a great time—as that’s our goal! A special Thank you to the H2O Boat Club for a wonderful job hosting the Annual Marina Blessing!
It looks like a cooler & sunny weekend ahead! As always a few reminders:
- The pool is open to members –please be sure no glass containers in pool area
- The water levels are still low so watch for sandbars and obstructions
- Mediacom did sign up a few extended channel customers last Saturday and I have the contact info in the office if you missed them
- We have notices posted in the office for lock closures at both Starved Rock and Marseilles please check the dates before you travel
- All trailers are to be removed from the ramp lot when you leave. Trailer storage is available by the shed for $100 per season at your own risk. Each year we continue to make improvements to the resort which all takes money, so unfortunately giving away free land is not feasible, we know you understand
- When ‘rafting up’ with others to swim and socialize — just remember the boats are tied and anchored in a series– please be considerate when you leave that the tie up “chain ” is not broken. Some boats were left afloat at Bob’s beach this weekend and so I wanted to remind you to keep an eye out for this while enjoying your time at there
Looks like another great weekend ahead! Be safe — Be happy.
Nautical note: CRANKY was a nautical term describing a “crank sided ship” as one that heals over too quickly (not good). It described a ship with low stability. I have never been called Cranky have I??