It’s hard to believe that May is here — let the fun begin! And since Spring is a time for “new beginnings”, here are a few new things happening at the harbor:
- We have new flagstaffs at the Resort. There is now one at each entrance and one overlooking the marina. All of the flags are illuminated at night and it adds a patriotic look to the resort.
- A new Heritage Harbor sign has been installed at the Marina District entrance and will also be illuminated at night to proudly display the Heritage Harbor logo.
- The Heron’s Landing Cottage model home has been sold and moved to its new permanent location down by the water’s edge… It will soon be available for rental! More details soon…
- We have invested in a very nice commercial children’s play set that will soon be installed on the upland area between the boater’s shower house and our marina office. I will soon post a rendering and layout in the office and on our Facebook page.
- Our landscape crew is doing a great job of mowing and planting the new landscaping.
- The Mediacom cable installation is now complete on the docks and we are working with them to host a sign up date for service upgrades. Remember, channels 2 through 22 are the basic “free” channels and includes basic internet. We have Mediacom brochures available in the marina office if you would like to pick one up.
- Save the date for “Fire Safety Training” presented by the Ottawa Fire department; Saturday, May 19th from 10AM to 11 AM. The training is to improve response by our staff if needed and all boaters are encouraged to attend. I will videotape the training for your review if you are unable to make it.
- A $150 gas credit for referrals will be in place through the end of May — tell a friend about HHO!
Now for a few reminders:
- A reminder to please stop in the marina office when you arrive for the season so that final payments may be made and documents signed. Slip fees are expected to be settled “in full” at the start of the season.
- Please notify a staff member prior to picking up your ice if you are taking advantage of our “Cool Pool and Pump Out Package” as we need to track the redemptions to ensure program compliance.
- The dock host slip # is C35 not B35. It was my error in the last newsletter–sorry.
- ALL guests are required to pick up after their pet(s). No exceptions can be tolerated! Bags and receptacles are provided by the parking lot.
- Parents – You are responsible for your kids. In order to have the quality marina and marina experience we want to deliver… We must have no fishing off the docks, no throwing rocks, no bare feet in the restaurant, no activities around other peoples boats, etc. We are reviewing the current Marina rules and will update you with any changes regarding kids and a policy governing the new play area.
- The marina pool will remain closed until warmer weather — I will send a notice as soon as it is open. All pool codes have been cleared from the lock so you will need to check in for the first time you enter.
Thanks for everyone’s support and we look forward to a great May!